Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an expertise in strategic planning, experience being on a board of directors, and want to help a nonprofit grow their impact to Angelenos in need, consider volunteering with The Foundation .
Organization Name and Website: The Foundation for Senior Services, http://foundationforseniorservices.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: Provide older adults and their families with education, valuable resources and quality services to help seniors preserve their independence and improve their overall well-being. Help seniors to live safely and well cared for with dignity, without consideration of social and cultural differences, and advocate for those in need. Bring together a team of qualified, experience professional and businesses, to "link the community to the needs of seniors" by providing quality services at every level of senior care. Give back to seniors in need through fund-raising and charitable giving, to provide supplemental funding awards to qualified seniors. Encourage other senior care specialists to become an active part of the Foundation and advance our diversity and positive impact in the senor community by developing strong strategic partner alliances. Recognize the accomplishments of our member specialists and provide educational resources to advance their professional development and business growth.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced executive management person who can help the Foundation with their strategic planning. The pro bono strategic planner we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills. Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project.
- Develop or update strategic plan for the organization Diagram and document methods with tracking best practices
- Generate a report that analyzes the operation of the nonprofit
- Assess current systems and recommend improvement with established best practices
- Ensure all task are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Adult Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: