Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an expertise in strategic planning, experience being on a board of directors, and want to help a nonprofit grow their impact to Angelenos in need, consider volunteering with The Foundation .
Organization Name and Website: The Foundation for Senior Services, http://foundationforseniorservices.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: Provide older adults and their families with education, valuable resources and quality services to help seniors preserve their independence and improve their overall well-being. Help seniors to live safely and well cared for with dignity, without consideration of social and cultural differences, and advocate for those in need. Bring together a team of qualified, experience professional and businesses, to "link the community to the needs of seniors" by providing quality services at every level of senior care. Give back to seniors in need through fund-raising and charitable giving, to provide supplemental funding awards to qualified seniors. Encourage other senior care specialists to become an active part of the Foundation and advance our diversity and positive impact in the senor community by developing strong strategic partner alliances. Recognize the accomplishments of our member specialists and provide educational resources to advance their professional development and business growth.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data Entry
- Organizing and managing the front desk
- Organizing paper and electronic files
- Create flyers, calendars, etc.
- Internet Research
- Other organizational duties as required
- Good communication and writing skills
- Exudes an outgoing and pleasant attitude
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel
Requirements: Volunteers will need access to a computer and transportation for any in person meetings. Potential for remote work. Willingness to learn the functions and features of the Foundation’s website applications
Time Commitment is flexible, but is a minimum of 4 hours per week for at least 3 months
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Adult Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: