Quick Overview: Seeking a well-connected leader who is passionate about improving education for disadvantaged communities and can leverage his/her networks.
Organization Name and Website: The Academy Project http://www.theacademyproject.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: The Academy Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working with foster and homeless youth in South Los Angeles to improve life and academic outcomes through holistic support, community, education, and empowerment. We offer two programs: Camp Xavier, our summer program and The Co-Op, our after-school program.
Roles and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate has had a track-record of supporting education for disadvantaged communities and strong connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact The Academy Project. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increase awareness about the importance of our mission, influence public policy, and expand our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
- General oversight
- Fiscal oversight
- Fundraising and development
- Involvement in meetings, committees, and events
- Officer positions
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Network of donors and supporters
- Ability to fundraise and advocate on behalf of The Academy Project
The time commitment is 2-year service terms.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: