Quick Overview: Seeking a well-connected leader who is passionate about improving mental health services for low-income communities and can leverage his/her networks.
Organization Name and Website: Open Paths Counseling Center, http://www.openpaths.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Open Paths Counseling Center’s mission is to meet the evolving mental health needs of the community through quality counseling for individuals and families at affordable fees; free therapy programs for at-risk children and youth in local schools; and a highly respected therapist training program.
Roles and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate has had a track-record of supporting counseling for disadvantaged communities and strong connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact Open Paths Counseling. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increase awareness about the importance of our mission, influence public policy, and expand our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
- General oversight
- Fiscal oversight
- Fundraising and development
- Involvement in meetings, committees, and events
- Officer positions
- Fundraise $1000
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Network of donors and supporters
- Ability to fundraise and advocate on behalf of Open Paths Counseling Center
The time commitment is 3-year service terms.
- Organization Name: Open Paths Counseling Center
- Organization Url: http://www.openpaths.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Health & Wellness
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: