Quick Overview: Seeking a well-connected leader who is passionate about serving our country’s veterans f and can leverage his/her networks.
Organization Name and Website: Community Veterans Justice Project, https://www.cvjp.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: The Community Veteran Justice Project (CVJP) is dedicated to ensuring current and former military service members receive the information, support, and services they need to use California's Veteran Statutes to improve their lives. CVJP provides specific services, policy advocacy, and community education to assist justice-involved service members/veterans with obtaining alternative sentencing for some felonies, and diversion for misdemeanor cases. This can result in treatment rather than incarceration, some cases being dismissed, and records being sealed.
Roles and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate has had a track-record of supporting veterans and legal services for disadvantaged communities and strong connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact CVJP. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increase awareness about the importance of our mission, influence public policy, and expand our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
- General oversight
- Fiscal oversight
- Fundraising and development
- Involvement in meetings, committees, and events
- Officer positions
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Network of donors and supporters
- Ability to fundraise and advocate on behalf of CJVP
The time commitment is 4-year service terms.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Justice & Legal Services
- Population Served: Homeless, Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: