Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Nonprofit Building Gender Equality in Entertainment Looking for Board Members
Quick Overview: Seeking a well-connected leader who is passionate about creating equality and equity in the entertainment business and can leverage his/her networks.
Organization Name and Website: Women in Media, https://womennmedia.com
Mission or Broader Program Description: Women in Media encourages gender balance in film and entertainment industries by providing networking, professional development, and advocacy for above and below the line women and the people who love making movies with them. We are an intersectional group of women and woman identifying crew members in the film, television, and new media industries.
Roles and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate has had a track-record of supporting gender parity and equality and strong connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact Women in Media. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increase awareness about the importance of our mission, influence public policy, and expand our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
- General oversight
- Fiscal oversight
- Fundraising and development
- Involvement in meetings, committees, and events
- Officer positions
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Network of donors and supporters
- Ability to fundraise and advocate on behalf of Women in Media
The time commitment is 2-year service terms.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: