Quick Overview: Seeking a well-connected leader who is passionate about addressing the stray cat issue in L.A. and can leverage his/her networks.
Organization Name and Website: Heaven on Earth, http://heavenlypets.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Heaven on Earth Society for Animals, founded in February of 2000 by Eri Cronkhite, began with a dream and the determination to make it happen. Inspired by a goal to end the senseless suffering and destruction of homeless animals due to the overpopulation crisis, Eri developed an adoptions program for rescued strays and focused efforts on spay-neuter services.
Roles and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate has had a track-record of supporting stray cats and strong connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact Heaven on Earth. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increase awareness about the importance of our mission, influence public policy, and expand our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
- General oversight
- Fiscal oversight
- Fundraising and development
- Involvement in meetings, committees, and events
- Officer positions
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Network of donors and supporters
- Ability to fundraise and advocate on behalf of Heaven on Earth
The time commitment is 3-year service terms.
- Organization Name: Heaven on Earth
- Organization Url: http://heavenlypets.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Animals
- Population Served: Animals
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: