Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:10+
⚙ SPRUCE IT UP: Clean Up El Porto Beach and Meet Fellow Conservationists
WHAT: Clean up an oft-forgotten beach and get some yoga in too!
ABOUT HEAL THE BAY: Heal The Bay works to mobilize L.A.s many diverse communities to protect our coastline and revitalize our urban waterways. https://healthebay.org/
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: On the first Saturday of every other month, come help clean up El Porto Beach. We will start with yoga before building collaborative community as we clean. In the past, projects have collected hundreds of pounds of trash and prevented myriad problems including potential injury to people and animals. This opportunity is great for groups and adults looking to engage their children in volunteer work. Gift bags for the first 30 volunteers!
IMPACT: With the help of volunteers, any person or animal in the area will benefit from a clean beach and less polluted watershed.
REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers aged 10-17 must:
- come with this minor waiver form signed by a legal guardian. Minors without signed forms, or signed by someone other than a legal guardian, will be unable to participate.
- be accompanied by a participating adult. 1 adult may supervise up to 2 children. Unaccompanied minors will be unable to participate.
- We will provide gloves (feel free to bring your own if you have latex allergies or specific requirements) and trash bags, music and even a yoga meditation beforehand.
- No pets other than ADA Title II and III certified dogs.
- Volunteer may choose to grab an informal lunch nearby afterward to continue community building.
- Everyone will be required to sign a liability waiver.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Select the date you want below and click the Sign Up button!
By clicking “sign up,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am signing up Activities that are coordinated and managed in conjunction with a third party Agency or Organization, and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction over the site where these Activities take place. The site of these Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “sign up,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: