Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:10+
⚙ SPRUCE IT UP: Beautify Manchester Square in Amazing South L.A.
WHAT: Help beautify Manchester Square by picking up trash and pulling weeds.
ABOUT MANCHESTER SQUARE: Together we are building a strong community and sense of pride for this historic neighborhood.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a family friendly clean up to brighten up South LA and inspire residents. A great opportunity for groups and volunteers to take immediate action to address an environmental need and help transform a community.
9:00am: Sign-in, discussion of safety and area
9:10am: Supplies passed out
9:15am: Head out to pick up trash in teams
12:00pm: Meet back for closing
IMPACT: Because of your help, Manchester Square will receive more benefits than you realize!
- Health impacts: Not only does cleaning improve the aesthetics of a neighborhood, but it also reduces the risk of accidents, crime, and rodents. It also improves the overall well-being of the community and lowers stress levels.
- Wear and tear: The pavement, drains, curbs, and other infrastructure lasts longer, which allows tax money to be spent on other exciting improvements.
- Stormwater Runoff: All that water runs right into our ocean. With the upcoming rainy months, let's help out the whole planet.
- Increases Property Value: In real estate, appearance is everything. With a clean neighborhood, appraisal values will go up and help the local economy
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting dirty in and closed toe shoes
- Gloves and tools will be provided
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Select the date you want below and click the Sign Up button!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: