WHAT: Help beautify Manchester Square by picking up trash and pulling weeds.
ABOUT MANCHESTER SQUARE: Together we are building a strong community and sense of pride for this historic neighborhood.
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: This is a family friendly clean up to brighten up South LA and inspire residents. A great opportunity for groups and volunteers to take immediate action to address an environmental need and help transform a community.
9:00am: Sign-in, discussion of safety and area
9:10am: Supplies passed out
9:15am: Head out to pick up trash in teams
12:00pm: Meet back for closing
IMPACT: Because of your help, Manchester Square will receive more benefits than you realize!
- Health impacts: Not only does cleaning improve the aesthetics of a neighborhood, but it also reduces the risk of accidents, crime, and rodents. It also improves the overall well-being of the community and lowers stress levels.
- Wear and tear: The pavement, drains, curbs, and other infrastructure lasts longer, which allows tax money to be spent on other exciting improvements.
- Stormwater Runoff: All that water runs right into our ocean. With the upcoming rainy months, let's help out the whole planet.
- Increases Property Value: In real estate, appearance is everything. With a clean neighborhood, appraisal values will go up and help the local economy
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting dirty in and closed toe shoes
- Gloves and tools will be provided
- come with this minor waiver form signed by a legal guardian.
- be accompanied by a participating adult.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click on the Sign Up button below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:10+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: