What: Clean up an oft-forgotten beach and get some yoga in too!
Description of Heal the Bay: Heal The Bay works to mobilize L.A.s many diverse communities to protect our coastline and revitalize our urban waterways.
Volunteer Project: On the first Saturday of every other month, come help clean up El Porto Beach. We will start with yoga before building collaborative community as we clean. In the past, projects have collected hundreds of pounds of trash and prevented myriad problems including potential injury to people and animals. This opportunity is great for groups and adults looking to engage their children in volunteer work. Gift bags for the first 30 volunteers!
Impact: With the help of volunteers, any person or animal in the area will benefit from a clean beach and less polluted watershed.
- We will provide gloves (feel free to bring your own if you have latex allergies or specific requirements) and trash bags, music and even a yoga meditation beforehand.
- No pets other than ADA Title II and III certified dogs.
- Volunteer may choose to grab an informal lunch nearby afterward to continue community building.
- Everyone will be required to sign a liability waiver.
- come with this minor waiver form signed by a legal guardian. Minors without signed forms, or signed by someone other than a legal guardian, will be unable to participate.
- be accompanied by a participating adult. 1 adult may supervise up to 2 children. Unaccompanied minors will be unable to participate.
Want to sign up? Click on the Sign Up button below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment, Environment
- Population Served: Other
- Activity Type: Cleaning
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:10+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: