WHAT: Lead volunteers at mini spa days for recently homeless women at Good Shepherd Center.
ABOUT GOOD SHEPHERD CENTER: Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children provides care for recently homelessness women and their children. Many residents have only recently gained ownership of decent footwear, much less experienced the luxury of a foot soak.
THE EVENT YOU'D MANAGE: At "Beauty and Charm: Nails and Facials with Recently Homeless Women", L.A. Works volunteers come to Good Shepherd to support these women's journies from homelessness to self-sufficiency with a little pampering and companionship. Volunteers do basic manicures, pedicures, hand massages, scrubs, and face masks.
You don't have to be experts at these services. This experience is more about bonding with the women, listening to them, and sharing quality time.
TIME COMMITMENT: Fourth Sunday of each month, 2pm - 4:30pm
LOCATION: Echo Park
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must go through L.A. Works Leader Training
- Must pass Good Shepherd background checks
- Must commit to project for at least 8 months
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Make a bigger impact
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
- Population Served: Homeless
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: