Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
*Become an L.A. Works Project Leader
You don't just want to make a change, you want to lead the change.
You're a mover. A shaker. A better-world maker.
And you'd make a great Project Leader.
WHAT IS A PROJECT LEADER: A Project Leader leads other volunteers in an ongoing, recurring volunteer opportunity at a local nonprofit. From dogwalking to treeplanting to babysitting to underwater basketweaving - ok maybe not that last one - Project Leaders organize all sorts of activities.
TIME COMMITMENT: Varies depending on the project you lead. Typically projects occur weekly, biweekly, or monthly and last from 1 - 4 hours. Please also allow for additional time to answer emails, make any needed calls, etc.
LOCATION: Varies depending on the project. We have projects all over LA County.
WHAT ARE THESE PROJECTS YOU SPEAK OF? Check 'em out at the bottom of the Lead-A-Project Page.
WHY SHOULD I BE A PROJECT LEADER? Let's ask our current Project Leaders:
- "Before this experience, I had never truly understood the homeless crisis. My favorite thing about leading this project is learning more about issue."
- "Getting to meet so many likeminded people who are passionate about helping their community."
- "It was adorable when kids made crafts specifically for me. I had one moment where a kid drew me and said 'Mom, she has freckles too!' His mom told me he was self conscious about his freckles. I told him he should love them, they make you special!"
- "Initially I wanted resume building material, but then the residents became my long-term friends."
- Prior leadership experience helpful but not required
- Commit to leading your project for at least 8 months
- Pass a background check
- Complete the L.A. Works Training Process
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below and L.A. Works will reach out to you for an interview.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: