WHAT: Orient and lead volunteers in cleaning and socializing kittens (and the occasional pup) at Michelson Found Animals.
ABOUT MICHELSON: Michelson Found Animals believes pets and people belong together and works to keep it that way through adoptions, tools, tips, and grants.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: "FURRY FUN: Kitten Care at Michelson Animals," is a brand new opportunity where volunteers help clean and feed kittens and turn them into lap cats!
AS THE PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- confirming volunteers beforehand
- orienting/training volunteers prior to event
- manage all communication between volunteers, Michelson, and L.A. Works
TIME: One day a week from either 8am - 11am or 3pm - 7pm.
LOCATION: Culver City
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience with cats not required, but a willingness to learn is
- Must attend an L.A. Works training
- Must attend Michelson Found Animal Training
- Must commit to leading for a minimum of 8 months
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Animals
- Population Served: Animals
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: