WHAT: Assist with life-skill mentoring sessions for recently homeless youth aged 18-24 at Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission.
ABOUT HOPE OF THE VALLEY: Hope of the Valley's goal is to meet the needs of the “whole” person — spiritually, emotionally, and physically - by offering food, shelter, showers, and health services to L.A.'s poorest.
VOLUNTEER PROJECT: Lend your professional insights on successful “adulting” to young men and women transitioning out of homelessness. You'll be scheduled on an as-needed basis depending on the topics the residents request. Current topics are listed below but will be regularly updated:
- financial skills (savings, investing, IRA/401k, etc)
- business start-up advice
- music industry career advice (getting a foot in the door, writing, producing, getting your work into the hands of the right people, etc)
- overcoming a complicated work-history (gaps in employment, criminal record, etc)
ACCESSIBILITY: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at email@example.com.
INTERESTED? Click the "Express Interest" button below and the Project Leader will reach out to you to discuss your participation.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Adult Education
- Population Served: Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: