Use your personal experience to help youth seeking jobs & internships.
WHO: The Boys & Girls Club runs the program "Career Launch" for high school teens geared towards strengthening their skills, expanding their interests, building employment/career skills, and preparing them to join the workforce. Upon completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for summer jobs or internships.
March 2020 - Volunteers are needed to share their career experience and guide the youth in starting or enhancing their resume.
May 2020 - Volunteers are needed to share their career experience and guide the youth in practicing interview skills.
REQUIREMENTS: Age 55 & greater (RSVP Members)
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. Please email the opportunity leader if you need any accommodations.
- Organization Name: Boys & Girls Club of the West Valley
- Organization Url: http://www.wvbgc.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Adult Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: