Quick Overview: If you are passionate about advocating, supporting, and promoting older adult services and programs to improve the quality of life of the older adult population and have experience as a grant writer, then consider volunteering as a Grant Writer for Purposeful Aging Los Angeles (PALA).
Organization Name: City of Los Angeles, Department of Aging, Purposeful Aging Los Angeles
Description: The Grant Writer is to research, develop, write and submit proposals, letters, reports and other materials as necessary to secure grant support from foundation, corporations and government funding sources to support Purposeful Aging Los Angeles (PALA). Must be able to meet deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities:
- Investigate and identify prospective funding sources through colleagues, directories, periodicals,and internet research
- Research and initiate relationships with new prospective funders
- Write letters of inquiry and solicitations
- Match prospective funding sources with institutional priorities
- Prepare and Submit Applications for Foundation, Corporate and Government Funders
- Draft compelling grant proposal narratives for general operating and restricted project grants;assist with drafting corporate proposals as needed
- Verify that proposals have been received and that appropriate follow‐up has occurred
- Maintain grant calendar and track submissions and results
- Work with Planning staff to ensure grant‐funded projects are on‐track and that obligations are fulfilled within the terms of the grant agreement
- Submit project revisions to funders as necessary
Desired Qualifications: Must demonstrate strong presentation, communication and organizational skills. Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Excellent grammar and strong research skills
- Organization Name: Los Angeles Department of Aging
- Organization Url: https://purposefulagingla.com
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community, Senior Services
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: