Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Webmaster (For Volunteers age 55+)
Quick Overview: If you are passionate about advocating, supporting, and promoting older adult services and programs to improve the quality of life of the older adult population and have an understanding of web building and management, then consider volunteering as a website manager for Purposeful Aging Los Angeles (PALA).
Organization Name: City of Los Angeles, Department of Aging, Purposeful Aging Los Angeles
Program Description: The Purposeful Aging Los Angeles Initiative (PALA) is a groundbreaking initiative and partnership, between the County and the City of Los Angeles to help the Los Angeles region prepare for a dramatic demographic shift in the older adult population that will occur by 2030. PALA’s ultimate goal is to make the Los Angeles region the most age‐friendly in the world.
Description: We are looking for experienced web designers or managers who can maintain day to day functionality for the PALA website. Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans website design functionality
- Develops website navigation by categorizing content
- May assist in developing website content and graphics; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Potentially protects website by designing and installing security precautions Desired
- Experience in web design or coding Proven experience as a graphic designer a plus
- Working knowledge Word Press
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Self‐starter who can work independently and with a team
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: