WHAT: Distribute food to those in need.
Update: The LA Regional Food Bank is still committed to getting food to those who need it during the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of volunteers is our top priority and we are taking necessary precautions.
ABOUT THE LOS ANGELES REGIONAL FOOD BANK: L.A. Regional Food Bank provides food support to numerous community agencies serving Los Angeles, ranging from large homeless shelters that feed hundreds of people a day to small daycare programs. It is the second largest foodbank operating in the United States.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: You will help maintain crowd control and social distancing, and distribute food for those in need in our community. The food boxes consist of shelf-stable staples such as milk, beans, grains, and canned fruits and vegetables.
These kits go to an average of 28,000 seniors every month at 146 sites throughout Los Angeles County. In 2018, the Food Bank distributed 325,043 Senior Nutrition food kits. We are proud to facilitate the largest distributor of senior food kits in the country and eternally grateful for the dedicated volunteers who make this work possible!
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Stay for entire shift
- Do not solicit clients
- Follow directions from staff at all times
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click the Express Interest button below and LARFB will follow up with specific sign up instructions.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below.
- Organization Name: L.A. Regional Food Bank (LARFB)
- Organization Url: http://www.lafoodbank.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: