Quick Overview: Assisting the unsheltered population for outside shower stations, grab & go meals, and clothing at St. James Episcopal Church while maintaining social distance.
Impact: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are seeking sanitation, showers, meals and clothing. Your efforts will help provide them with these necessities.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning: Setting up metal chairs, sanitizing/wiping them down, & placing the chairs 6 feet apart as they wait for the shower stations.
- At the End/Breakdown: throw away the garbage & taking them to the dumpster. If anyone uses the kitchen, wipe down the area & bathroom.
- Hallway attendant: Make sure that the area will be secure due to the donation room & kitchen.
- Grab & Go meals / Clothing
- hand out bagged meals & pull clothes (volunteer goes back & forth)
- Monitoring hallways and other public areas
- Handing out t-shirts COVID-19
Requirements: Volunteers will maintain social distance by remaining 6ft from each other Church does not provide masks, but provides sanitation and wipes for metal chairs and other surfaces
Parking: Street parking Please arrive at 8:30am for set up so we can start at 9am.
- Organization Name: United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- Organization Url: http://www.unitedwayla.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: