Want to help homeless and at-risk veterans at Plumas County Stand Down?
Quick Overview: Volunteers needed to help deliver essential dental and vision services to our homeless and at-risk veterans and their families. Healing California provides all the equipment, supplies, logistical, and any other support our volunteers need to take care of patients.
Mission: Healing California seeks to increase the health status of individuals and veterans by providing low-barrier, comprehensive dental, and vision services at no cost to patients.
Impact: Upon receiving Healing California’s services, patients are on a path to better health and have expressed their confidence to pursue gainful employment and personal stability.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dental professionals will be performing dental cleanings, fillings, and extractions.
- Vision professionals will also be performing eye exams, making and dispensing prescription glasses on-site.
- General volunteers to assist with registration, logistics, setup, breakdown, escorting patients, and monitoring and enforcing the 6’ social distancing.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Dental: Licensed Oral Surgeons, General Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants, and X-ray Technicians
- Vision: Licensed Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Opticians, and Optometric, Ophthalmic and vision lab technicians
- Medical: Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and EMT’s
Organization Name: Healing California
Organization Url: https://healingca.org/
We are in constant contact with health officials and other experts, so we have updated our safety procedures and equipment to deal with this new reality. These include:
- Enhanced social distancing measures in non-clinical areas and a reduction in individuals present within the clinic.
- A shift in the layout of our dental floor to account for greater distancing and less congregation areas.
- Improvements to our suction system, air purification, and other equipment to minimize aerosolization.
- More advanced PPE available to all volunteers including N95 masks
- Increased patient, staff, and volunteer screening.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: