Covid-19 Testing Center Volunteers
Quick Overview: Volunteers will be providing widespread COVID-19 testing to the citizens of Los Angeles so we can understand the extent of our challenge and identify clusters of infection to help prevent further spread. These centers offer free Covid-19 testing to any members of the community.
Impact: Your efforts will assure the efficient flow of patients through the process and make sure patients can successfully self-administer the test. You will also relieve LA Fire Fighters, Paramedics and LA Police Officers from work in testing centers so they can be out in the community and serving those that will need their support in the coming days and weeks.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-checking people to ensure they have an appointment before allowing them to enter the test site
- Checking registered people in for their appointment and giving them a test kit
- Guiding people through the self-administered test
- Performing inventory, and other organizational tasks around site.
- Volunteers work under the constant supervision of LAFD representative and follow strict safely protocols to assure the wellness of our team
- Volunteers do not actually perform the test, the tests are self-administered in a drive through format
- Volunteers are provided the appropriate gear in accordance the LAFD standards to assure our safety
- Be 18 or over
- We STRONGLY suggest they have their own transportation and are willing & able to transport themselves to whatever site is in need of support.
- Have legal ID & social security number
- Be willing to sign & send release forms & give consent for background check prior to training.
- Can commit to any period of time, 1 day or longer.
We Highly recommend that all Volunteers:
- Are in good overall health
- Have NO known exposure to coronavirus & are willing to be tested if necessary
- Be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Be able to stand up to four hours a day
- Be able to work while wearing protective gear in warm weather
We highly recommend that our Volunteers are not at high risk for severe illness from Covid-19 as defined by the CDC.
The CDC defines those at high-risk as:
- Individuals age 65 and over
- Individuals of all ages with underlying medical conditions, including those with:
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Moderate to Severe Asthma
- Serious Heart Conditions
- Immunocompromised issues
- Severe Obesity (body mass index 40 or higher)
- Chronic Kidney Disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver Disease
- Individuals living in a nursing home or long-term care facility
Volunteers are directed to wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, closed toed shoes (no slippers, etc.) and are provided with safety gear (mask, eye shield, gloves, and a gown) to wear while onsite.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: