Quick Overview: Make phone calls to check on older adults who are housing vulnerable.
Impact: With the economic instability that has accompanied the COVID-19 crisis, many renters who were one income check away from becoming homeless, are at even greater risk of losing housing. To combat this, this city has passed measure that protect renters. However, many renters do not understand their rights and the benefits to which they may have access.
In collaboration with Council District 4, volunteers will be contacting older adults who are housing vulnerable to check on them, to inform them of these new protections, and to see if they need support.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Commit to two hour shifts of phone calling
- Undergo training needed to make these calls
- Create an account according to training guidelines
- Follow script provided
- Complete and submit any request forms for service
Volunteers will need access to a computer with internet and a phone.
- Organization Name: City of Los Angeles Council District 4
- Organization Url: http://davidryu.lacity.org/district_4
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Civic & Community
- Population Served: Homeless, Low-income Communities, Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: