WHAT: Make and drop off sack lunches for people experiencing homelessness near the Midnight Mission.
ABOUT THE MIDNIGHT MISSION: The Midnight Mission is a comprehensive homeless shelter and homeless services provider. They need your help now more than ever - they went from feeding roughly 400 people at each meal to feeding 1800 people each meal. And with food supplies scarcer than before, the Midnight Mission needs your help feeding the hungry.
THE VOLUNTEER PROJECT: In compliance with social distancing protocols, you'll make 10+ sack lunches at home and them drop them off at the mission between 7am and 11am. (You can drop off later than 11am, but meals will be given out the next day.) You won't be in contact with anyone, but can still have a powerful impact.
SACK LUNCHES SHOULD CONSIST OF:
- Ham, turkey, or beef sandwich with light mayo/mustard (To be cautious of nut allergies, we request no peanut butter and jelly sandwiches please)
- 2+ side snacks (chips, fruit, granola bars, cheese, etc)
- No need to include beverages or napkins (those are covered by the Mission)
- Disposable, multi-compartment to-go food containers
- Disposable lunch bags
- Disposable utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Loaves of bread
- Plastic wrap
- Produce bags
- Re-sealable storage bags
- Single serving beverages
- Antibacterial disinfecting wipes
- Disposable gloes
- EPA approved antibacterial disinfecting cleaners
- Hand sanitizer
- Infrared no-touch thermometers
- Surgical masks
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click the Express Interest button below and the Opportunity Coordinator will follow up with your next steps
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
- Organization Name: The Midnight Mission
- Organization Url: http://midnightmission.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Homeless
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: