Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
⚙︎ Wellness Check and Renter Rights Calls for District 4
WHAT: Join a call party in making phone calls to check on older adults who may be food insecure or at risk of eviction.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: The COVID-19 crisis has made many people unemployed, unable to pay rent, and in danger of eviction and homelessness. Los Angeles city has passed measures to protect renters but many people don't understand their rights or available benefits. In collaboration with Council District 4, you will contact older adults who are housing vulnerable to check on them, inform them of these new protections, and see if they need support.
IMPACT: Sometimes you'll just be leaving messages, but sometimes you'll be rescuing people with no ability to procure food. Our previous volunteers have done literally lifesaving work and you can too.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS: Access to a computer with internet and a phone.
CALL PARTY AGENDA:
- Join other Angelenos on a video meeting
- Receive training
- Create a phone bank account
- Complete 1 hour of calling, following provided script
- Submit any service request forms your call recipients need
- Come back together with group to share thoughts and impressions
- Schedule independent 2nd and 3rd call shifts
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
WANT TO SIGN UP? Select the date you want below and click the Sign Up button!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: