WHAT: Make protective plastic face shields for medical workers and other individuals.
After you click the EXPRESS INTEREST button below, we will follow up with patterns, hygiene protocol, and mailing instructions.
- provide your own supplies (clear flexible plastic, foam, elastic/ties, stapler, scissor)
- be able to mail your masks to the recipients (or use a delivery service such as TaskRabbit)
Please DO NOT volunteer for this project if-
- you have felt ill in the past 2 weeks
- you have been in contact with anyone who felt ill in the past 2 weeks
Do face shields work?
Yes, according to a study from the University of Iowa.
I don't have the supplies. Can you provide them for me?
At this time, we cannot provide supplies.
I know of some great alternate supplies you can use! How can I share that info with you?
Great! Please email Denise@laworks.com
I would like to receive face shields. How can I sign up?
Please go to laworks.com/shield-request.
MORE QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click on the EXPRESS INTEREST button below.
- Organization Name: L.A. Works
- Organization Url: http://www.laworks.com
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
- Population Served: People with Health-Based Concerns
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: