Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
⚙ Make Simple Plastic Face Shields
WHAT: Make protective plastic face shields for medical workers and other individuals.
- provide your own supplies (clear flexible plastic, foam, elastic/ties, stapler, scissor)
- be able to mail your masks to the recipients (or use a delivery service such as TaskRabbit)
Please DO NOT volunteer for this project if-
- you have felt ill in the past 2 weeks
- you have been in contact with anyone who felt ill in the past 2 weeks
Do face shields work?
Yes, according to a study from the University of Iowa.
I don't have the supplies. Can you provide them for me?
At this time, we cannot provide supplies.
I know of some great alternate supplies you can use! How can I share that info with you?
Great! Please email Denise@laworks.com
I would like to receive face shields. How can I sign up?
Please go to laworks.com/shield-request.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click on the EXPRESS INTEREST button below. After you click the EXPRESS INTEREST button below, we will follow up with patterns, hygiene protocol, and mailing instructions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: