Quick Overview: Volunteers will be providing widespread COVID-19 testing to the citizens of Los Angeles so we can understand the extent of our challenge and identify clusters of infection to help prevent further spread. These centers offer free Covid-19 testing to any members of the community who have been referred to us by their doctor.
Impact: Your efforts will assure the efficient flow of patients through the process and make sure patients can successfully self-administer the test. You will also relieve LA Fire Fighters, Paramedics and LA Police Officers from work in testing centers so they can be out in the community and serving those that will need their support in the coming days and weeks.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assure the efficient flow of patients
- Volunteers work under the constant supervision of LAFD representative and follow strict safely protocols to assure the wellness of our team
- Volunteers do not actually perform the test, the tests are self-administered in a drive through format
- Volunteers are provided the appropriate gear in accordance the LAFD standards to assure our safety
You must have:
-Three days a week free
-No pre-existing medical conditions
-Patience with our response time because we are overwhelmed with requests (we may take a week or two to respond)
- Volunteers are directed to wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, closed toed shoes (no slippers, etc.) and are provided with safety gear (mask, eye shield, gloves, and a gown) to wear while onsite.
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
- Organization Name: Community Organized Relief Effort (CORE)
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: