Quick Overview: : At St. James Episcopal Church, assist our unsheltered population in Mid-City with accessing mobile shower stations provided by Shower of Hope, grab & go meals, and donated clothing
Impact: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are seeking sanitation, meals, and clothing. Your efforts will help provide them with these necessities.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
As an overview:
- Cleaning: Setting up chairs, sanitizing/wiping them down, picking up trash, cleaning the area
- Hallway attendant/monitors bathrooms: Make sure that the area will be secure due to the donation room & kitchen.
- Hand out ready-made meals
- Select clothing from the donation closet in the Church
- At the End/Breakdown: throw away the garbage & taking them to the dumpster. If anyone uses the kitchen, wipe down the area & bathroom.
Requirements: Volunteers will social distance by keeping 6ft from each other. All personal protective equipment, sanitation, and santatizing materials are provided.
Parking: St. James lot, on St. Andrews. Do not park on the street.
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge I am aware and understand I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities
- Organization Name: St. James Episcopal Church
- Organization Url: http://www.stjla.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: