Quick Overview: Take away meals at St. James Church on Tuesdays, 11:30 am - 3 pm. Volunteers arrive by 11:30 am, prepare and package donated food for take away. Volunteers will be provided PPE.
Mission or Broader Program Description: We provide takeaway lunches for our unhoused and underhoused neighbors. It's hard to overstate the importance of a well-rounded, healthy meal!
Impact: Your volunteer efforts help us provide our neighbors with neccessary services, first and foremost, helping ease any food insecuirty.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Volunteers will arrive at 11:30am and help set up the preparation station, the food will arrive by 12pm, and volunteers will help package/distribute it. General duties include packing lunches, packaging hot foods, and light clean up work.
Requirements: We ask that you:
- Not attend if you are over 65 years of age
- Not attend if you are feeling sick or ill in anyway
- Keep a 6 foot distance from everyone at ALL TIMES
- If you need to hand someone an item, please set it down first, step back 6 ft, and allow them to pick it up
- Wear a face mask at all times (some are available if you do not have your own)
- Wear gloves when handling food (provided)
- Do not touch your face even when wearing a mask, especially when wearing gloves
- Wash your hands at least every thirty minutes.
Shifts are from 11:30-3pm, but are subject to change based on food delivery scheules.
Masks will be avaiblible if you do not have your own, and gloves will be provided. Please be sure to weat closed toe shoes!
Accessibility: Distribution will include utlizing stairs and some light lifting.
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
- Organization Name: St. James Episcopal Church
- Organization Url: http://www.stjla.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: