QUICK OVERVIEW: Learn about the importance of afterschool programming and then tell your elected representatives not to slash funding when they meet this week.
THE NEED: The Governor's most recent budget proposal slashes $100 million from afterschool programs. This 15% reduction in funding comes on top of the 62% increase in costs afterschool programs have seen due to the rising minimum wage. This combination will force many programs to scale back or close, causing at least 62,563 California children to lose their afterschool programs.
CALL PARTY AGENDA:
- Join other Californians on a video meeting
- Learn important talking points from L.A.'s Best
- Learn how to contact your electeds and what to say to have them listen
- Contact your electeds via phone calls and social media posts
- Come back together with group to share thoughts and impressions
- Access to a computer with internet and a phone.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click the Sign Up button below for the date you want.
- Organization Name: LA's Best
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: