Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙︎LEADER OPPORTUNITY: Sort food for the hungry with LA's largest food bank
WHAT: Lead volunteers in stocking, shelving, and sorting food for L.A.'s homeless population at the largest food pantry in the city!
ABOUT LARFB: The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank provides food support to numerous community agencies serving Los Angeles, ranging from large homeless shelters that feed hundreds of people a day to small daycare programs. It is the second largest foodbank operating in the United States.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: "STOCK THE PANTRY: Sort Food with L.A. Regional Food Bank" is an opportunity for volunteers to sort, stack and shelve valuable food to distribute to the hungry throughout Los Angeles. Make someone's day or dinner!
AS THE PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- confirming volunteers beforehand
- orienting/training volunteers prior to event
- managing all communication with volunteers, LARFB, and L.A. Works
LOCATION: Commerce or South L.A.
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must attend a virtual L.A. Works training
- Must commit to leading for a minimum of 8 months
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: