Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Weekly Wellness Checks for PalsNPets in Venice Beach
Mission: PalsNPets is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to unhoused pet owners and their pets, providing services specific to the needs of this group through partnerships with shelters. Pets are often the only thing an unhoused individual has to care about, and many shelters don’t allow pets. Working with shelters to make them pet-friendly also allows us to work with these individuals who are often the most in need and often have a higher potential to build a better future…two lives at a time.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: PalsNPets is looking for a socially engaged pet lover to spend two hours each week conducting wellness checks with our residents and their pets at A Bridge Home-Venice Shelter in Venice Beach. The volunteer will make note of any problems or needs of both the resident and their pet, and then communicate the status to PalsNPets so any necessary action can be taken. The day and time for the two-hour checks is completely flexible but once chosen should remain consistent from week to week. We ask for a minimum six-month commitment.
- Compassion for unhoused individuals and an understanding that myriad life circumstances might lead someone to life on the streets.
- Love of pets.
- An easy and unflappable social demeanor. You will be dealing with people who are often very guarded so may act out or be uncommunicative; others are struggling with mental illness. Sense of humor and patience is a definite plus.
- Ability to commit to the same two-hour time period once per week for a minimum of six months.
- A resident of Venice Beach or an adjacent neighborhood is ideal.
- No allergies.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: