Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
*TeleSocial Volunteer Associate
Join an evidence based program that directly combats isolation in the vulnerable population of older adults.
The TeleSocial Program at L.A. Works is designed to combat isolation for the vulnerable population of seniors in Los Angeles. Since the stay-at-home orders came out through March, many seniors across California lost access to senior centers, churches, and clubs that would be their primary source of socialization. We’ve paired up a number of volunteers with a “call buddy” to call at least once a week and chat about current events, the weather, or anything else the recipient wants to talk about.
Are you unafraid of spreadsheets? Do you want to make a difference? Are you ready to take the next step in volunteering? We’re looking for a talented and personable volunteer associate that can help take this program to the next level. This role is different from our regular volunteering opportunities as you’ll have a direct hand in the creation and implementation of new systems for the life of this program. The TeleSocial Volunteer Associate’s role is to support the TeleSocial program through managing reports, minutes tracking through our partners, the call recipients, and attendance tracking for our volunteers; this includes but is not limited to tracking information and requests made through our Outlook Email account, Google Drive, and volunteer requests.
- Following up with volunteers via email and a text message
- Updating volunteer call minutes
- Reporting any updates from volunteers to the Volunteer Resource Coordinator
- Help design new systems that will streamline our program
- Attend weekly TeleSocial meetings to discuss program changes and updates.
- Identify trained volunteers and match with call recipients
- Passion for community service
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent phone and written communications etiquette
- Proactive, self-motivated, and responsive with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Good organizational skills,and a good eye for details
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Have a laptop/computer and stable online internet connection
- Familiarity with Google applications
- Familiarity and account with Zoom
- Familiarity with Outlook
- Familiarity and account with Whatsapp.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 6 - 9 hours a week through the end of 2020 or beyond.
Compensation: Unpaid. We can provide school or internship credit. Volunteer Associates will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the LA nonprofit community. We’re here to help you! If there’s any way we can help you grow in a professional capacity, please let us know.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: