Drew CDC Back 2 School Resource Drive-Thru 2020
Quick Overview: Come help at our Back 2 School Health and Resource Fair!
Mission: Preparing the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los Angeles
to succeed and thereby strengthen our community’s future.
Organization Name and Website: Drew Child Development Corporation: http://www.drewcdc.org
Impact: The health and resource fair is a way for Drew to pursue our mission of strengthening community through the success of the children within the Watts-Willowbrook, Compton, and South Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Event Set-Up
- Event Clean Up
- Event Break Down
- Passing out of Food and Backpacks
- Directing people to the event
- Flyer Hanging
- Answering Questions for Guests
WHEN: August 15, 2020
WHERE: 1770 e. 118th St. Los Angeles, CA, 90059
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Moderate to High
We are asking that volunteers stay home if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (symptoms of COVID-19) , if they are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
· Encourage volunteers to bring supplies to help themselves and others stay healthy—for example, masks (bring extra), hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, and drinking water.
· Tables will be arranged to allow for social distancing. People from the same household can be in groups together and don’t need to be 6 feet apart – just 6 feet away from other families.
· When guests arrive, minimize gestures that promote close contact. For example, don’t shake hands, do elbow bumps, or give hugs. Instead wave and verbally greet them.
· Masks are required when less than 6 feet apart from people or indoors.
· Masks and gloves will be provided on-site for guests or asking them to bring their own.
· Hand sanitizer in addition to clearly marked hand washing areas will be provided.
· Adequate soap or hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol will be available in the restrooms and there will be no outdoor lines. Cleaning supplies will be provided that allow guests to wipe down surfaces before they leave.
· Guests are encouraged to bring their own food and drinks.
· Touchless garbage cans or pails will be on site.
· Commonly touched surfaces and any shared items between uses will be consistently wiped down throughout event.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: