Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:17+
⚙︎ Wellness Check-In Calls for L.A. Seniors in District 5
QUICK OVERVIEW: Join us for a call party as we check in on older adults who may need help during these challenging times.
THE NEED: The COVID-19 crisis has affected practically everyone in Los Angeles. For older adults, however, getting access to food, getting access to medication, and coping with social isolation can be particularly difficult.
In collaboration with CIty Council District 5, you will be contacting older adults to check on them, inform them of available resources, and see if they need any support.
CALL PARTY AGENDA:
- Join other Angelenos on a video meeting
- Receive training
- Complete 1 hour of calling, following provided script
- Submit any service requests your call recipients need
- Come back together with group to share thoughts and impressions
- Access to a computer with internet and a phone.
IMPACT: Sometimes you'll just be leaving messages, but sometimes you'll be helping people with no ability to procure food. Our previous volunteers have done literally lifesaving work and you can too.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
WANT TO SIGN UP? Select the date you want below and click the Sign Up button!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: