Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Pro Bono Financial Strategist with the Foundation for Senior Services (Ages 55+)
Quick Overview: Use your expertise to develop a financial strategy for an older adult advocacy agency!
Organization Name: Foundation for Senior Services
Organization Website: https://foundationforseniorservices.org/
Mission and Program Description: Provide older adults and their families with education, valuable resources and quality services to help seniors preserve their independence and improve their overall well-being. Help seniors to live safely and well cared for with dignity, without consideration of social and cultural differences, and advocate for those in need.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced financial planning volunteer who can help the Foundation construct an interactive financial model. This is not a brainstorming role; we need a strategist that understands funding for senior services and can create a $100,000 fundraising plan. The strategist will meet with the Executive Director to:
• Assess current financial recording keeping systems/practices
• Evaluate the organization’s current revenue streams and how best to diversify them
• Carve out an actionable fundraising strategy
• Build sponsorships and partnerships.
Requirements: Volunteers can work remotely and will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
• Experience in financial planning
• Proven record with developing and implementing a financial plan
• Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
• Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
The time commitment is flexible, minimum of 3 months with approximately 8-10 hours per month (more if available), remote volunteer role, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: