Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Pro Bono Grant Researcher/Writer for the Hollywood Food Coalition (Ages 55+)
Quick Overview: Use your grant writing expertise to help Hollywood Food Coalition serve and provide essential services to the homeless and other food insecure populations 365 days a year.
Organization Name: Hollywood Food Coalition
Organization Website: https://hofoco.org/
Mission and Program Description: The mission of Hollywood Food Coalition is to feed and serve the immediate needs of the hungry every night of the year so they can build better lives. Our vision is a city where everyone has food, community, and support. For 33 years, we have served a hot, nutritious dinner every night of the year to homeless and food insecure individuals. All our food is donated, and we share thousands of pounds of excess food with partner social service organizations all across the city. As an essential service, we have remained open during the COVID-19 crisis and will continue to serve those who struggle to access food for years to come.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced grant researcher and writer who can help HFC develop a grant calendar. The objective is to increase our pool of available donors as well as the number of grant applications we submit. The grant writer will meet with the Director of Development to:
• Investigate and identify at least 20 new, prospective funding sources
• Draft compelling grant proposal narratives and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
• Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
• Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
• Establish a system for more efficiently finding and applying to grants
• Proven experience as a non-profit grant writer
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
• Excellent writing, grammar, and research skills
• Experience in philanthropy and non-profit organizations a plus
Time Commitment: Flexible hours to be determined each week until the completion of the project, ranging from 8-10 hours a week, remote volunteer role, volunteers will need to be mindful of deadlines.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: