Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙ LEADER OPPORTUNITY: Virtual Storytime for Kids
WHAT: Lead volunteers in reading to small groups of children over the phone.
ABOUT PATH: PATH's mission is to end homelessness for individuals, families, and communities. While the rest of California stays at home, many of our homeless neighbors don’t have anywhere to turn. PATH will remain on the front lines to help our most vulnerable through street outreach, case management, and food support.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: Right now, kids need quality distance learning as well as positive activities to keep them busy while parents work. In the "Virtual Storytime for Kids" remote opportunity, volunteers purchase 2 copies of a book (one for themselves and one for the child/group they're reading with) and will read this book aloud together over the phone.
AS THE PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Running background checks on potential volunteers
- Training reading mentors/volunteers
- Managing all communication between volunteers, PATH, and L.A. Works
LOCATION: Online and remote (over the phone)
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend an L.A. Works training
- Commit to leading the project for 6 months
- Access to a computer and phone
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: