Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙ LEADER OPPORTUNITY: Wellness Calls to L.A. Seniors
WHAT: Lead a call party for checking in on older adults who may need help during these challenging times.
IMPACT: The COVID-19 crisis has affected practically everyone in Los Angeles. For older adults, however, getting access to food, getting access to medication, and coping with social isolation can be particularly difficult. Sometimes you'll just be leaving messages, but sometimes you'll be rescuing people with no ability to procure food. Our previous volunteers have done literally lifesaving work and you can too.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: In collaboration with City Council Districts 4 and 5, you will be leading volunteers in contacting older adults to check on them, inform them of available resources, and see if they need any support.
AS THE PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Running background checks on potential volunteers
- Training volunteers
- Managing all communication between volunteers and L.A. Works
LOCATION: Online and remote (over the phone)
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend an L.A. Works training
- Commit to leading the project for 6 months
- Access to a computer and phone
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: