Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Pro Bono Executive Assistant with Foundation for Senior Services (Ages 55+)
Quick Overview: If you have expertise and experience in working side by side to support senior management and are passionate about helping a nonprofit support seniors in Los Angeles, consider volunteering with The Foundation for Senior Services.
Organization Name: Foundation for Senior Services
Organization Website: https://foundationforseniorservices.org/
Mission and Program Description: Provide older adults and their families with education, valuable resources and quality services to help seniors preserve their independence and improve their overall well-being. Help seniors to live safely and well cared for with dignity, without consideration of social and cultural differences, and advocate for those in need.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an executive assistant volunteer who can help the Foundation run their call center and provide other administrative functions.
We need an assistant that is compassionate and interested in developing an efficient volunteer training process. The assistant will work with the Executive Director and leadership to:
- Craft the intake call volunteer description,
- Run the call center by developing a process for training volunteers, receiving calls, recording calls into their website system and tracking performance,
- Intake calls,
- Help with other administrative duties as needed.
Requirements: Volunteers can work remotely and will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
- A compassionate and welcoming personality, and interest in developing a distinguished call center and outreach for seniors,
- Strong organizational, customer service and computer office skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, use of Social Media),
- Experience training and managing volunteers a plus but not required.
Time commitment: flexible, minimum of 3 months with approximately 3-5 hours per week (more if available), remote volunteer role, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: