Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙︎LEADER OPPORTUNITY: Scout Fitness Trails for People in Recovery
WHAT: Manage volunteers who scout outdoor running, biking, and hiking trails for The Phoenix!
ABOUT PHOENIX: The Phoenix believes in fitness as a tool of recovery. Their cost of membership is 48 hours of sobriety. Offering classes like group fitness, cycling, yoga, rock climbing, or strength training, The Phoenix strives to be a safe haven for all looking for a community of encouragement and strength in their sobriety journey.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: You will oversee volunteers who seek out and scout outdoor trails to be utilized by The Phoenix members. This opportunity is great for volunteers who are passionate about fitness, sobriety, recovery from substance abuse, the outdoors, or healing in community!
AS THE PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Confirming and following up with volunteer scouts
- Sharing trail checklists with volunteers
- Answering any questions from pespective volunteers
- Managing all communication between volunteers, The Phoenix, and L.A. Works
- Checking out a trail or two yourself
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend an L.A. Works training
- Commit to leading the project for 6 months
- Access to a computer, internet, and phone
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: