Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Background Check
Help Close the Virtual Gap
QUICK OVERVIEW: Help ensure that ALL kids have access to the academic and social capital necessary to succeed!
WHAT: Take the first step in becoming an online tutor for 5th and 6th grade students who don't have the benefit of paid tutoring. This will be a one hour zoom training to get you started.
VOLUNTEER ONBOARDING STEPS:
- First sign up below to attend THIS one hour zoom training
- Then complete Step Up Application HERE
- Complete the training manual HERE
- Complete a LiveScan background check
- Commit to a minimum of two hours per week to work 1 on 1 with a student online
IMPACT: Students who fall behind often never catch up. This training will start you on the road to offering free tutoring for some of our most vulnerable students who are being left behind in the new remote learning environment. With your help we can fight to close the virtual digital achievement gap.
- No tutoring experience required!
- Access to a computer with internet.
- Some tech savy skills. (dont worry, there will be support for you through the process)
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
WANT TO SIGN UP? Sign up for the datet below by clicking the Sign Up button!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: