Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Join our volunteer tech team as a Partnerships & Community Lead
Quick Overview: We are looking for a strong leader to drive HHC partnerships and community outreach in Southern California. You will build and manage a team that develops partnerships with local community leaders and organizations to use the Helping Hands platform to serve their vulnerable constituents, as well as specialists who grow our volunteer base through community outreach. On a day-to-day basis, you will manage the partner pipeline and support relationships with local organizations like food banks, healthcare, and other community groups. This role is absolutely critical to scaling our platform and reaching a larger population of those most vulnerable to Covid-19.
Impact: Helping Hands Community is a team of volunteers that have mobilized to help slow the spread of Covid-19. The majority of volunteers are devoting time outside of their other job to support the Helping Hands Community. The demands for a leadership role like this requires someone who can devote up to 15 hours/week to this job. Because the team is dispersed across the country and due to the unique hours' individuals are working, frequent use of communication channels like Slack and email is critical to ensure no one is bottlenecking decisions or tasks.
Mission: Helping Hands is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who are most at-risk with those who can safely deliver critical items and provide various forms of assistance.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a team to partner with local organizations, mobilize volunteers, and drive the grassroots effort for Helping Hands Community in Southern California.
- Identify, engage, and activate partners that serve at-risk populations that HHC can help.
- Connect with local community leaders, organizations, businesses, and government to amplify Helping Hands Community reach. Some examples of our current partners are the American Lung Association, Uber, LA Dodgers Foundation, Hubert Humphrey Clinic
- Grow and engage the volunteer base to serve needs in the local community.
- Collaborate with the Partner Success team to ensure partners are onboarded and ready for through their journey with Helping Hands Community
- Partner with User Success to improve service completion and surface feedback to improve the product.
- Solve our local user’s needs through creativity, connections, and grit.
- 2-4 years of experience managing a team in sales, account management, community outreach, or partnerships
- Entrepreneurial leader and a go-getter with a strong local network to quickly recruit additional team members and connect with organizations
- Can bring empathy and operational rigor to engaging the community to help those who are most vulnerable to Covid-19
- Demonstrated leader who can manage a distributed, volunteer Field Operations team
- Ability to commit up to 15 hours/week for the next 2-3 months
- Our website
- Tech Care of Each Other
- Volunteers in Action
- Introducing Helping Hands Community
- Uber Integration in Action
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: