Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Join our volunteer tech team as a Community Outreach & Partnerships Specialist
Quick Overview: Help build partnerships and grow Helping Hands Community presence in Southern California. We’re looking for Community Outreach & Partnerships volunteers to help grow and engage the community of Volunteers and Requestors (individuals who need help). On a day to day basis, you will be reaching out to and building relationships with local organizations like food banks, healthcare organizations, and other community groups, as well as helping to organize and execute events with community partners. This role is absolutely critical to scaling our platform and reaching a larger population of those most vulnerable to Covid-19. This can be a virtual volunteering opportunity with the option of contact-less in-person event participation (if your situation allows).
Impact: Helping Hands Community is a team of volunteers that have mobilized to help slow the spread of Covid-19. The majority of volunteers are devoting time outside of their other job to support Helping Hands. The demands for a role like this requires someone who can devote at least 8 hours/week to this job. Because the team is dispersed across the country and due to the unique hours individuals are working, frequent use of communication channels like Slack and email is critical to ensure no one is bottlenecking decisions or tasks.
Mission: Helping Hands is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who are most at-risk with those who can safely deliver critical items and provide various forms of assistance.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and connect with local community leaders and volunteer organizations to amplify Helping Hands’ reach.
- Grow and engage the Volunteer and Requestor user base to serve needs in the local community.
- Support and collaborate with HHC Ambassadors in the region
- Help organize and execute local volunteer events on an as-needed basis. Solve our user’s needs through creativity, connections, and grit.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter mentality. Takes the initiative to research and connect with local leaders and organizations.
- Can bring empathy and operational rigor to engaging the community to help those who are most vulnerable to Covid-19
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Passion for community service!
- Prior experience in a Community Outreach role (or similar) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in sales, account management, community outreach, or partnerships preferred
- Ability to dedicate at least 5-8 hours/week for the next 2-3 months
- Helping Hands Community website
- Tech Care of Each Other
- Volunteers in Action
- Introducing Helping Hands Community
- Uber Integration in Action
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: