Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
⚙ THANKSGIVING OPPORTUNITY: Drop Off Sack Lunches for Skid Row
WHAT: Make and drop off Thanksgiving sack lunches for people experiencing homelessness near the Midnight Mission.
ABOUT THE MIDNIGHT MISSION: Founded in 1914, The Midnight Mission offers paths to self-sufficiency to men, women and children who have lost direction. Our emergency services and 12-step recovery, family living, job training, education and workforce development programs offer a compassionate bridge to achieve and maintain healthy, productive lives.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: In compliance with social distancing protocols, you'll make 10+ sack lunches at home and then drop them off at the mission between 8 am and 12 pm on Thanksgiving Day (11/26) You won't be in contact with anyone, but can still have a powerful impact.
IMPACT: The Midnight Mission is a comprehensive homeless shelter and homeless services provider. They need your help now more than ever - they went from feeding roughly 400 people at each meal to feeding 1800 people each meal. And with food supplies scarcer than before, the Midnight Mission needs your help feeding the hungry.
REQUIREMENTS: Sack lunches should consist of...
- Turkey or Ham
- 2+ Thanksgiving side items
- food items kept in tupperware containers
- No need to include beverages or napkins (those are covered by the Mission)
- not been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- not been around anyone who has been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- All volunteers must wear masks and gloves during food preparation.
- You must wash your hands before cooking and any time after touching your face.
SPECIAL NOTES: In addition to your sack lunches, any donations of the following items would be greatly appreciated.
- Disposable, multi-compartment to-go food containers
- Disposable lunch bags
- Disposable utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Loaves of bread
- Plastic wrap
- Produce bags
- Re-sealable storage bags
- Single serving beverages
- Antibacterial disinfecting wipes
- Disposable gloves
- EPA approved antibacterial disinfecting cleaners
- Hand sanitizer
- Infrared no-touch thermometers
- Surgical masks
ACCESSIBILITY: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need an accommodation to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click the Express Interest button below and the Opportunity Coordinator will follow up with your next steps
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: