Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Pack Groceries for Food Pantry EVENING - North Hollywood
Quick Overview: Help us pack dry goods, produce, frozen meat and hygiene products in grocery bags for our APLA Health clients.
Impact: APLA Health’s Vance North Necessities of Life Program (NOLP) started as a food voucher program in 1986 and has since become the nation’s largest network of food pantries for people with HIV/AIDS. It is currently operating out of eight locations throughout Los Angeles County. Clients of NOLP receive pre-bagged groceries that include fresh dairy, frozen meats, fresh produce, and an assortment of canned and dry goods, as well as hygiene items and cleaning supplies. NOLP clients also receive bilingual, one-on-one nutritional counseling and nutrition classes. NOLP provides groceries to over 1,700 clients who live on a limited income.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Help us pack dry goods, produce, frozen meat and hygiene products in grocery bags for our APLA Health clients.
Additional Details We are looking for volunteers to come to our NORTH HOLLYWOOD FOOD BANK in the evenings to help us pre-bag at our food warehouse.
Dress Code: This is a warehouse environment. Close toed shoes are REQUIRED. Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended. Please NO tank tops or shorts.
The health and safety of everyone who attends our volunteer events is our top priority. Please know that we continue to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are taking necessary precautions.
PLEASE DO NOT VOLUNTEER IF:
- You feel sick or have been near anyone who appears sick.
- You are at high risk for serious illness.
In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, APLA Staff will:
- Take your temperature before the day begins to ensure you do not have a fever.
- Implement social distancing measures. Staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Provide hand sanitizer for use.
- Provide gloves to all volunteers.
- Provide face masks to all volunteers.
- We will also display best practices throughout the event, encouraging everyone to wash their hands for at least twenty seconds and avoid shaking hands.
Thank you for your support.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: