Food Distribution **URGENT NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS**
Quick Overview: Our Saviour Center’s Food Bank was founded in 1985 and today distributes over 300 tons of food to the food insecure in the San Gabriel Valley. All persons facing food insecurity are welcome at Our Saviour Center. At least (2) bags of food are given per household. Food is intended to be taken off-site and consumed elsewhere. This is a food bank, not a food kitchen.
- Our food bank needs volunteers!
- Be a part of a team of only 25 volunteers who make a difference every Tuesday and Thursday.
- See the human side of a food bank.
- Your volunteer participation makes a difference.
- Volunteers will be contributing to those families and individuals who are in need of food during this time of crisis with Covid-19
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check-in/ Registration – Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin or Korean or Vietnamese preferred but not necessary. Position verifies client ID and notates client’s visit to the Food Bank on that specific day.
- Fulfillment and Preparation – Ability to fill and lift 10-20 pound bags of food for distribution to clients. Preparing the fresh foods for distribution.
- Food Bank Distribution – Ability to carry (2) 20-pound bags/boxes of food to clients who are waiting in their cars. This is a contactless distirbution. Food is placed in the trunk.
- Be available 8:30am to 1:30pm
- Food Bank Distribution Schedule for clients: Tuesdays, 10:00 – 1:00 and Thursdays, 10:00 – 1:00
- We are a drive through distribution.
Volunteers need to be at least 18 years old.
Food Pantry Distribution Schedule:
Tuesdays, 10:00am – 1:00pmThursdays, 10:00am – 1:00pm
All volunteers will be given hand sanitizer, gloves and face masks as personal protection equipment (PPE). Volunteers should wear comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes. In the event of rain, volunteers need to wear rain gear and bring their own umbrella. These are outside positiions.
Additional Details: Parking is NOT AVAILABLE.
Accessibility: Bilingual volunteers is a plus.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: