Share Your Experience with Students (MLK Day)
By participating in our MLK Day Career Fair, your professional and life experiences can inspire a scholar to pursue a career that they have yet to consider or solidify their interest in a career path. Your advice will be shared with students, parents, and mentors from all over Los Angeles connected to different education and mentoring programs like MOSTe (Mentoring Our Students Through Education, NYA (Neighborhood Youth Association), and College Track.
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: As a volunteer, you will participate in a panel with other professionals who are in the same or a similar career field as you. You will be provided with the topic & discussion questions before the career fair. If you do not feel comfortable speaking in a small group, as a volunteer you can also answer questions in the chat feature of the Zoom.
- Reliable internet access
- Have your own Zoom account
- Have technology capabilities: computer access, computer video camera, and computer microphone
- MUST be 25 years of age or older
- Went to college out of state/country
- Went to a CC, CSU, UC, or Private School
- Didn’t go to college
- Went to a trade school
- Went to college and speak Spanish
- Used financial aid/familiar with the financial aid process
- Worked in multiple fields
- Any adult experience! We want to share with these students all of the different paths you can take after high school.
LOCATION: This opportunity takes place online. You will be emailed the link to participate as we get closer to the date of the event.
MLK DAY OF SERVICE: This is a part of L.A. Works’ MLK Jr. Day of Service 2022 event to honor Dr. King’s life and legacy through service. The day-long event builds upon the anti-racism movement through an interactive March on Washington in Minecraft and virtual projects focused on tutoring, career readiness, and teacher appreciation. Sign up for one or more at laworks.com/mlk.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click the Sign-Up button below!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 20+, Minimum Age:20+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: