THANKSGIVING OPPORTUNITY: Drop Off Sack Lunches for Skid Row
WHAT: Make and drop off Thanksgiving sack lunches for people experiencing homelessness near the Midnight Mission.
ABOUT THE MIDNIGHT MISSION: Founded in 1914, The Midnight Mission offers paths to self-sufficiency to men, women and children who have lost direction. Our emergency services and 12-step recovery, family living, job training, education and workforce development programs offer a compassionate bridge to achieve and maintain healthy, productive lives.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: n compliance with social distancing protocols, you'll make 10+ sack lunches at home and then drop them off at the mission between 6 am and 6 pm (11/26) You won't be in contact with anyone, but can still have a powerful impact.
IMPACT: The Midnight Mission is a comprehensive homeless shelter and homeless services provider. They need your help now more than ever - they went from feeding roughly 400 people at each meal to feeding 1800 people each meal. And with food supplies scarcer than before, the Midnight Mission needs your help feeding the hungry.
REQUIREMENTS: Sack lunches should consist of...
- Turkey or Ham
- 2+ Thanksgiving side items
- food items kept in tupperware containers
- No need to include beverages or napkins (those are covered by the Mission)
- not been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- not been around anyone who has been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- All volunteers must wear masks and gloves during food preparation.
- You must wash your hands before cooking and any time after touching your face.
SPECIAL NOTES: In addition to your sack lunches, any donations of the following items would be greatly appreciated.
- Disposable, multi-compartment to-go food containers
- Disposable lunch bags
- Disposable utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Loaves of bread
- Plastic wrap
- Produce bags
- Re-sealable storage bags
- Single serving beverages
- Antibacterial disinfecting wipes
- Disposable gloves
- EPA approved antibacterial disinfecting cleaners
- Hand sanitizer
- Infrared no-touch thermometers
- Surgical masks
DROP OFF: The address is 601 South San Pedro St., Los Angeles, CA. 90014. Donations could be dropped off at our Donation Center located in our underground parking garage. The entrance to our parking garage is on San Pedro St., just south of 6th street. If the volunteers could have everything is boxes/bags that they don’t need. That would help us a lot to transport the donations to our kitchen immediately and keep the traffic flow moving.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: