9/11 Heavy Lifting Volunteers Needed #911
OVERVIEW: Put your muscles to good use by helping hundreds of volunteers in packing food for the hungry to comemorate 9/11 Day, a National Day of Service and Rememberance.
IMPACT: You'll be one of 30 million Americans volunteering on 9/11 to honor the victims, rescue workers, and military by turning the day into one of unity and peace. 300,000 meals will be packed for LA residents struggling with food insecurity.
- PLUS -
The Los Angeles Dodgers have donated tickets to their games on 9/29 and 9/30 show their appreciation to L.A. Works volunteers for their commitment on the 9/11 Day of Service. On a first-come, first-served basis, each L.A. Works volunteer support staff will be eligible for up to 2 tickets!
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Support Staff Volunteer, your duties may include:
- Running boxes and ingredients to meal packing stations
- Sealing boxes of finished meals and moving to designated pallet areas.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs and lots of stamina required!
- A catered meal at the top of your shift
- A free t-shirt
- All volunteers must be vaccinated.
- All volunteers must wear masks throughout their shift.
- Runners must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly, for the majority of the shift time.
- If you have mobility challenges but would still like to participate please go to this opportunity: hhttps://www.laworks.com/opportunity/a0C3l00000mHgAh
- Please note the meals may include soy and other food allergens. An allergen-free environment is not guaranteed.
- Please come in closed-toe shoes and comfy clothes you don't mind getting dirty in.
QUESTIONS: Please email the Opportunity Coordinator below.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: